Technical Writer II
Location: Norfolk, VA Country United States of America
Job Type: Contract Part-Time
- Writes and edits complex technical documents, including deliverables, manuals, reports, specifications and procedures.
- Write and/or edit technical documents, including business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
- Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Minimum of 5 years direct technical writing experience.
- Demonstrable record of working on project teams while working on multiple projects. Prefer experience with regulatory requirements.
- Strong command of the English language, with a proven track record of producing professional, clear documentation throughout a complete project cycle.
- Expert-level skills with Microsoft Word; strong proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Political Science, Public Administration, or other related field.
Active Public Trust preferred.