Technical Writer II
Location: Norfolk, VA Country United States of America
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
- Writes and edits complex technical documents, including deliverables, manuals, reports, specifications and procedures.
- Write and/or edit technical documents, including business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Minimum of 5 years direct technical writing experience.
- Demonstrable record of working on project teams while working on multiple projects. Prefer experience with regulatory requirements.
- Strong command of the English language, with a proven track record of producing professional, clear documentation throughout a complete project cycle.
- Expert-level skills with Microsoft Word; strong proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Political Science, Public Administration, or other related field.
- Active Public Trust clearance desired