Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include tending furnace and boiler, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
1) Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
2) Gather and empty trash.
3) Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
4) Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
5) Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
6) Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
7) Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
8) Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
9) Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.