Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Fort Gordon, GA Country United States
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
- Serve as a server virtualization administrator for the Training Network Division specializing in VMware virtualization technology or future virtualization technologies.
- erforms a variety of tasks to include identifying servers to be virtualized, creating test environments, validation, converting servers, and maintaining virtual infrastructure
- Continue to improve the virtual classroom course design to meet instructor and student needs. Analyzes systems requirements in response to customer requirements, risks, and costs by working directly with management and system administrators. Evaluates new systems information technologies and their effect on the environment. Ensures that cyber security and OPSEC policies, principles, and practices are an integral element of the operating environment. Integrates hardware and software components within the systems environment.
- Continually monitors and fine-tunes performance of the Information Systems. Conducts analyses of network usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors. Identifies adverse trends, ineffective practices or procedures, equipment shortcomings, etc.
- Apply Information Technology (IT) expertise, including feasibility studies, technical evaluation, justification, acquisition/procurement, installation, implementation, management, and administration of IT systems. Work is performed in a complex IT network environment involving support to geographically dispersed sites and locations.
- Creates, updates and follows SOPs and other documentation (ex. Change and configuration management).
- Strong understanding of virtualization, Software Defined Networking, Software Defined Storage, local area networking, telecom, VoIP, LANs, switching, servers, messaging, unified communications, etc.
- Ability to communicate with virtualization architects about the virtual environment. Ability to use infrastructure monitoring technologies (ex. Splunk, SolarWinds, Nagios). Ability to create system documentation such as System Security Plans, Standard Operating procedures, etc. Understanding of datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based. Understanding of user experience best practices, information architecture, and interaction/visual design.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience VMWare Virtualization administration experience including vSphere, VCenter, vMotion, Horizon View and vRealize.
- Proficiency in NIST SP 800 series, Army IT and IA Regulations (ex. 25-1 and 25-2), DoD Cyber Security Regulations, OWASP, FedRamp and Cloud Security Alliance framework
- Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT II).
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Active Top Secret Required /SCI Eligible