Contract Specialist DAWIA Level III
Location: Silver Spring, MD Country United States
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
- Solicit, evaluate, negotiate, analyze, advise, close out, and assist with awards and terminations on contracts for the procurement of supplies and services, including complex contracts and high dollar acquisitions.
- In-depth working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies. Perform cost and price analysis.
- Preparation of contract files and electronic documents is also required. Work requires thorough research, analysis and reviews of all applicable policies, guidance and regulations to support Government CO decision-making.
- Provide support to management, senior and junior level contracting and procurement personnel and customers. The candidate shall also provide procurement assistance, advice, and guidance to junior specialists.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations as well as provide support to other OAGS contracting personnel. This includes but is not limited to management of files, development of contracts and or purchase orders, working as a liaison between customers and vendors, and supporting other Contract Specialists and Contracting Officers when necessary.
- Provide advice and assistance in developing Statements of Work or Specifications to ensure that they comply with Federal statutes and regulations; reviews plans and specifications for restrictive, subjective, and/or ambiguous program requirements and resolves problems and conditions requiring clarification with program and contractor personnel by providing recommendations for appropriate corrective action.
- Analyzes the impact of the current economic climate within the supply, service, construction, IT, and A-E industries for appropriate procurement action.
- Obtains necessary pre-solicitation approvals and clearances from USDA, OMB, General Services Administration, Department of Labor, Small Business Administration, and other agencies, states, and regulatory authorities.
- Input assigned requisitions into OAGSs Acquisition Tracking System (ATS) and update requirement packages within PRISM on a weekly basis.
- Processes procurements with various dollar thresholds, size and complexity; advertising requirements, obtains quotations/proposals from vendors; analyzes responses; prepares purchase orders, and prepares supporting documentation for the file.
- Prepares special provisions and clauses, formulates proposal preparation instructions and evaluation criteria for complex contracts; evaluates and rates the proposals of competing offers to determine which are to be included in the competitive range; and selects a source (contractor) based upon the specified criteria.
- Provides a full range of contract scheduling, development, negotiation, award, administration, and termination services.
- Maintains current acquisition plans, milestone charts and related schedules to ensure adequate resources are available to best meet the needs of the Government.
- Participates in pre-solicitation planning and coordinate with agency officials to develop a solicitation package including the design of special provisions and clauses which incorporates the acquisition strategy.
- Administration assignments to include processing modifications, processing of vouchers/invoices for payment and monitoring contractor progress.
- Ensuring that assigned procurement actions meet the established deadlines as outlined in the OAGS Service Level Agreement; Maintains and updates various office files and spreadsheets; Performs special assignments and projects to support upper level management operations; Run various procurement reports, monitor accordingly and summarize. Responding to inquiries on the status of various procurement actions.
- DAWIA Level III certified
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least ten (10) years relevant experience in contracting
- Public Trust desired