Software Engineer II
Location: McLean, VA Country United States
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
- Perform application development and support. Understand and apply development design patterns.
- Understand and apply design disciplines including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis ad Domain-Driven Design.
- Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (Layered, Clean, CRUD, CQRS, etc).
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration).
- Problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization.
- Detailed analysis of the modification to determine impact, feasibility, and alternatives.
- Design modification and execution of solution Testing of the application as required when changes are made to the, application, its infrastructure or interfacing systems.
- Provide the modification as part of a release package for installation in the operational environment.
- Data quality and data management.
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts Disaster recovery testing.
- Provide support of critical production issues. Work well on small, high-performing teams.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- 4 years Java 7 and 8, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, REST Services, Spring.
- Vaadin, Spring Boot, Docker, Amazon Web Services, JOOQ experience in a continuous integration environment.
- Scripting languages and experience (Ruby, Python, etc).
- Desirable technologies: Servlet, JSP, SOAP, JBPM5, Drools, Jquery, JMS, Apache Lucene/SOLR, ElasticSearch.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an associated discipline and 2 years of experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and training.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Public Trust desired.