Graphics Editor I
Location: Norfolk, VA Country United States of America
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
- Designs and develops simple figures, graphics and illustrations for use in technical materials, manuals, slide presentations, display items, and other graphic material.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Internet websites.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Support all phases of project planning, design, execution and delivery.
- Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies.
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, photographers, web developers and marketing specialists.
- Candidate must have at least one year of experience, working knowledge of web design.
- Experience in multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development and final artwork for both web and print media.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Ability to discuss with senior military leaders and supervisors’ rough sketches and design concepts.
- Ability to perform technical tasks independently with minimum supervision.
- Possession of creative flair, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Web design, HTML, and CSS, and experience with Dreamweaver.
- Strong typography skills preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communication/graphic design from an accredited institution, or equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Active Public Trust Clearance desired